Saturday, October 22, 2005

More Favorite Lines

Johnny Strabler

In 1953, after his success in the play and film Streetcar Named Desire, Marlon Brando secured his stardom by playing Johnny Strabler, head of a "motorcycle club." At first the producers wanted to call the film Hot Blood, but thought better of it and settled on The Wild One. Tagline: The "Streetcar" man has a new desire ! The film has another of my favorite lines of dialogue. Johnny,a rebel with/without a cause, is asked,"What are you rebelling against ?" He answers with a question, "Whaddya got ?

2 Comments:

Blogger A Girl From Texas said...

How funny you should do more favorite lines.... I've been thinking about it, too. I made my list and published it and then thought of a few more to add... I'll have to do it now....

1:15 PM  
Blogger A Girl From Texas said...

I think I saw it (100 movie quotes) when it came on a couple of months ago. I don't remember what film had the most quotes, but something tells me it was "Casa Blanca". And I think the #1 quote was "Frankly My Dear....." from Gone With The Wind. I can't remember... I just remember that I thought it was interesting.

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home