Thursday, October 20, 2005

Great Lines from Films We Love

Inigo Montoya

As a new feature on this blog, I've decided to feature great, fun lines from films we all like. First, I've chosen a little something from The Princess Bride. Our thanks go to wonderful screenwriter William Goldman.Throughout this film Inigo Montoya, played by Mandy Patinkin, swears that he will use his hard-earned sword fighting skills to run through the mysterious, cowardly six-fingered man who killed his father. He says "My name is Inigo Montoya.You killed my father. Prepare to die."

When Montoya finally fights the killer, Count Rugen, a slimy villain played by Chris Guest, he repeats these lines again for real. When Montoya holds Rugen up to his sword, the bad guy says he will give him anything. So Montoya says this great line:

I WANT MY FATHER BACK, YOU SON-OF-A-BITCH !

Satisfying righteousness.

1 Comments:

Blogger Freebird said...

This is the third time in the last week someone's commented on this movie. I don't know how I missed this one, but I need to get myself to Blockbuster pronto.

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home