Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Sports Inspiration


Too amazing! For a modest price, Catholic Shopper is selling inspiring statuary like the baseball one above to spur on the little ones.Take a look at the link which shows Jesus nicely handing off a football, or the one where the Son of God is holding a basketball out of the kid's reach (I think he's got the height advantage).

Jesus not only backs the regular,common sports, but on page 2 of Catholic Shopper's ad, he picks up a hockey stick and mixes it up with the kids. I think however, that they may have crossed the line when they have Jesus statues sort of officiating a martial arts match between the kids. I was taught that he was more into turning the other cheek.

4 Comments:

Blogger Neil Shakespeare said...

LOL! I don't know, Jim. He kinda looks like your friendly neighborhood child molester. A couple of...um...'iffy' poses there. A little too much physical contact with the kiddies, if you know what I mean.

Thanks for your comment over at my place. I keep picturing this quiet, small little place with the dust gathering on the shelves and but one lonely little children's book on the shelves. Something about a goat...

9:19 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Yeah Neil, these Jesuses remind of the Burger King commercials where the guy in the smiling mask looks in the window - both creep me out.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Jim good to see you back in it,they will try to market everything. I have been so busy listening to Abramoff singing like a canary,I'm just now getting around to blogrolling.

1:17 AM  
Blogger Gert said...

Yes, they're a lovely bunch these "Christians", so, so much better scrubbed up than their arch-rivals, the "filthy Islamists"...

The Bible, that document kind of authorises you to say, sell or do anything. G-d Bless! It's a Miracle!!

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home