Friday, November 03, 2006

Tasteless Jokes


In all the mountainous molehill over Senator kerry's slip up about our troops, I can't help but remember Preznit Bush's absolutely tasteless joke about WMDs. At the Foreign Correspondent's Dinner in 2003, Bush planned out and deliberately delivered his joke about finding WMDs. He illustrated his "joke " with video of his Majesty looking around the White House (behind curtains, in closets)for those darn WMDs. Where the heck were they ? LOL

His total arrogance and disregard for our troop's mission was and is staggering to this day. Thousands of our beloved soldiers have died because of Bush and those non-existent WMDs.His tasteless behavior was enforced by substantial laughter from his audience, the so-called cream of the mainstream media.Yet I certainly don't recall that this garbage was treated as a news story at all. It was just a funny from the Prez.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your ignorance never ceases to amaze me. There is a enormous difference between a stump or policy speech and a parody presented at a well known social affair. The President was using self-depricating humor at a social gathering. So no, the President's jokes were rightfully not treated as a "news" story, because it wasn't news!


Even if we bend over backward to believe that Kerry didn't really mean what he said, but had simply messed up the punch line, his history of denigrating our troops/military casts understandable disbelief that this was merely a "slip up".

Respectfully,
Dark Gable

1:06 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

I wasn't excusing Kerry, but I guess to me the main difference in the two is that nobody died in Kerry's case.
I still insist it's extremely tasteless, not "self-depricating", to start a war for non-existent reasons and then joke about it.

Please don't remind me about how it was all the CIA's fault. The Decider makes the decisions, or are they made by Vice President Halliburton ?

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wasn't excusing Kerry, but I guess to me the main difference in the two is that nobody died in Kerry's case.,

By all accounts, no one died at the Foreign Correspondent's dinner.

I still insist it's extremely tasteless, not "self-depricating", to start a war for non-existent reasons and then joke about it.

Please don't remind me about how it was all the CIA's fault. The Decider makes the decisions, or are they made by Vice President Halliburton ?


Nice straw man you've built yourself there. As long as you "still insist" on seeing things the way you do, facts will always take a back seat.

Respectfully,
Dark Gable

12:58 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

This is no straw man. I blame Bush for the deaths of nearly 3,000 of our soldiers. You're right - I won't be convinced that it's OK to laugh about the WMDs that weren't there.

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home